Cheat Archive - BizHawk
This archive includes all of the Easy Cheats to date. Simply extract the file into the "NES/cheats" folder of your BizHawk emulator.
DOWNLOAD - (Version 2020-10-21: 300+ Games, 3,300+ cheats)
- BizHawk doesn't allow multiple cheats to occur on the same memory address. Cheats of the type "Start on level X" or "Always have X weapon" will be overwritten by the last cheat in the list to use that address. This means a lot of cheats will be deleted when you import them. The developers of BizHawk must change their cheat menu before these cheats can be used.
- BizHawk doesn't use ROM versions when determining the file name of a cheat during the auto load and auto save process. This means it will store the cheats for the PAL and NTSC versions of a ROM in the same file, but the memory addresses are usually different. Because of this, you can't properly auto load or auto save cheats until the developers of BizHawk change this, you have to import them.
1.) Download the latest Easy Cheat archive to your BizHawk emulator folder.
2.) Click the Extract tab at the top of the file explorer and click the Extract all button.
3.) The following dialog will open. Note: Your folder path will be different.
4.) Replace the Easy Cheat location with the words "NES\cheats".
5.) Press the Extract button, and the files will be extracted into the cheats folder.
6.) Open BizHawk and click on the Tools menu to expand it, then click on Cheats
7.) Click on the Open icon in the toolbar.
8.) Select the cheat file that matches the ROM you've loaded, and click Open.
9.) Cheats will be loaded into the list. Active cheats are highlighted blue, and all cheats are activated by default. You can deactivate the ones do do not want by double-clicking them.
If you're having trouble getting these cheats to work, check the following:
- Make sure you extracted the cheats into the proper folder. To do this, navigate to the .\BizHawk\NES\Cheats folder. You should see numerous files with a .cht extension.
- Some cheats don't take effect until after you restart your ROM.
- Verify your BizHawk cheat path matches where you unzipped the cheats. You can check by clicking on the Config menu, then Paths, then clicking the NEW tab. The default cheat folder is the BizHawk path plus "/Cheats".
- Use the latest version of BizHawk, although these cheats should be compatible with version 2.0.0 and later.
- Remember, not all games have cheats yet. If there isn't a .cht file for your game, you can either check this Wiki to see if the game has been added since the last package, or request cheats.