Cheat Archive - puNES
This archive includes all of the Easy Cheats to date. Simply extract the file into the "cheat" folder of your puNES emulator.
DOWNLOAD - (Version 2020-10-21: 300+ Games, 3,300+ cheats)
1.) Open puNES and click on the File menu, then click the Open working folder menu item.
2.) Download the latest Easy Cheat archive to this folder.
3.) Click the Extract tab at the top of the file explorer and click the Extract all button.
4.) The following dialog will open. Note: Your folder path will be different.
5.) Replace the Easy Cheat location with the word "cheat".
6.) Press the Extract button, and the files will be extracted into the cheat folder.
7.) Open puNES and click on the Settings menu, then click on the Cheats menu.
8.) In the Cheats tab, change the Settings drop-down to Cheats List Mode.
9.) Cheats are activated by clicking the check box, and deactivated by unchecking them.
If you're having trouble getting these cheats to work, check the following:
- The .xml cheat file must have the EXACT same name as your ROM file. The NES Hacker Wiki uses the No-Intro ROM naming convention. For example, if your ROM is named something like Contra (U) [h1].nes, you must either rename your ROM to Contra (USA).nes, or rename your cheat file to Contra (USA).xml. Thankfully, there are auditing tools that can do this for you. If you do not want to rename anything, puNES also cheat files to be imported in the Cheats tab.
- Some cheats don't take effect until after you restart your ROM.
- Make sure you extracted the cheats into the proper folder. To do this, navigate to your puNES folder and into the .\cheat folder and you should see numerous files with a .xml extension.
- Use the latest version of puNES. These cheats might be compatible with earlier versions.
- Remember, not all games have cheats yet. If there isn't a .xml file for your game, you can either check this Wiki to see if the game has been added since the last package, or request cheats.