The following information about animals is 100% true. It has to be, because I got the information off the Internet. And we all know that everything on the Internet is fact.
Thusly, I don't want to hear any disputing of my factual facts of truthly truth.
- The African elephant possesses such "manual" dexterity in their trunk's tip that they can actually turn the pages of a book with it.
- Elephants have been known to remain standing after they die.
- Giraffes fall six feet when they're born. (Nice way to start your life!)
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
- The discharge from an electric eel can pack 650 volts (Enough to give a painful shock to an elephant!)
- A lion's roar can be heard 10 miles away.
- The common goldfish is the only animal that can see both infra-red and ultra-violet light.
- The octopus's testes are located in its head. (Imagine the social problems if this were the case of humans!)
- A skunk will not bite and throw its scent at the same time. (This is good to know, because if a skunk is gnawing off your leg, you won't need to worry about being sprayed)
- The world's smallest mammal is the bumblebee bat of Thailand, weighing less than a penny.
- Killer whales have such a good sense of touch that if you dropped a pill into a bucket of fish and feed it to the orca it will eat the fish and spit out the pill.
- You can tell a turtle's gender by its sound. Males grunt, females hiss.
- The flesh of alligators is white and tender, but has a musky taste.
- Giant flying foxes that live in Indonesia have wingspans of nearly six feet. (Can you imagine being swooped down on by one of these bad boys! Yikes!)
- When a snake is born with two heads the heads fight each other for food. (Apparently they don't know they have the same stomach!)
- An elephants penis is 4 to 5 feet long. The longest of any animal. (Makes you feel a little jealous doesn't it?)
- A camel's backbone is just as straight as a horse's.
- The dolphins that live in the Amazon River are pink.
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
- The elephant is the only animal with four knees.
- Most tropical marine fish could survive in a tank full of human blood. (This is something I would like to see. Well maybe not.)
- Sheep will not drink from running water. (Picky little crybaby animals!)
- The largest insects that ever lived on the earth were giant dragonflies with wing spans of over 3 feet.
- The horn of the rhinoceros is not bone, it is hair packed very tightly together.
- The male scorpion fly gets other males to bring him food by imitating a female fly. (Those silly transvestite flys!)
- More people are killed by pigs and bees each year than by sharks.
- The longest recorded chicken flight was by a headless chicken!
- To reach rivers and lakes where they spend most of their lives, many newborn eels swim for up to 3,000 miles nonstop.
- A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. (You're jealous!)
- It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky unaided.
- Worldwide, bats are the most important natural enemies of night-flying insects.
- Under optimum conditions, one female cockroach can produce two million offspring in one year. Average breeding session produces 350,000 offspring. (Aren't they cute?)
- Because its eyes are on the side of its head, a rabbit can see behind itself without turning its head.
- In the state of Nebraska, there are more cows than people!
- A cat's tongue does not have the ability to taste sweets. (Which is why they're always ornery, I'll bet.)
© Copyright 2001-2003: Dean Tersigni. All rights reserved.