The following information about humans is 100% true. It has to be, because I got the information off the Internet. And we all know that everything on the Internet is fact.
Thusly, I don't want to hear any disputing of my factual facts of truthly truth. (No I did not just copy the page on animal facts, and switch the words "animal" to "human".)
- Your skull is made up of 29 different bones.
- Human blood travels 60,000 miles per day on its journey through the arteries, arterioles and capillaries and back through the venules and veins. (I hope it takes the freeway.)
- Your ears and nose continue to grow throughout your entire life.
- If you were freeze-dried, 10% of your body weight would be from the microorganisms on your body. (Now doesn't that just make you want to puke.)
- A sneeze zooms out of your mouth at over 100 m.p.h.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself. (Mmmmm... This is making me hungry!)
- You burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss. (Use this as a pickup line in the gym.)
- A person weighs less at high tide. (So check the time of day before getting weighed.)
- There are 45 miles of nerves in the skin of a human being.
- The average human blinks his eyes 6,205,000 times each year. (Yes, this is true. I counted.)
- The arteries and veins surrounding the brain stem called the "circle of Willis" looks like a stick person with a large head.
- The average human produces a quart of saliva a day or 10,000 gallons in a lifetime.
- You use an average of 43 muscles for a frown.
- You use an average of 17 muscles for a smile.
- Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
- Between the time of death and the onset of rigor mortis in a human body, the contraction of the muscles can cause the body to turn over on its side. (That would be VERY freaky to watch!)
- Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.
- Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
- Every person has a unique tongue print. (So if you accidentally lick something at a crime scene...)
- The average human's heart will beat 3,000,000,000 times in their lifetime. (I'm in the process of counting this one.)
© Copyright 2001-2003: Dean Tersigni. All rights reserved.