Difference between revisions of "Alto's Adventure"
|Line 38:||Line 38:|
Revision as of 09:25, 7 February 2019
Alto's Adventure is an endless action snowboarding game created by Snowman and released for iOS on 2015-02-19 and then ported to several other mobile devices. You play a South American snow boarder at the top of a mountain who must capture llamas that have escaped from their pen while you were sleeping before the elders find out. As you snowboard down the incline, you can perform tricks for speed boosts, collect coins to purchase items to make you faster, and avoid hazards and the elders who are trying to punish you.
I found this game online in 2016 while looking for a new free game to play on my tablet and enjoyed the attractive appearance.
I've unlocked all of the snowboarders and reached level 52.
- Overall: 3/10
- Best Version: Android
- The game looks gorgeous. Simple, yet effective art work, and the transition from night to day and rain to sun is perfect.
- The background music by Brian Crawford is simple and calming, and the sound effects are perfect for the game.
- Zen mode is a nice addition that lets you play endlessly and practice difficult tricks without fear of having to restart.
- The mini goals extend the length of the otherwise repetitive game.
- The main premise of the game (collecting escaped llamas) is, aside from a few rare mini goals, entirely pointless in the game.
- Most of the power-ups are not helpful. The horn increases llamas, which helps only a handful of goals. The feather makes you less likely to hit rocks, but slows you down and prevents you from boosting off ice. The wing suit, though fun, is very hard to activate because of how many tricks you must do in rapid succession, and it's only necessary on a few goals. The only useful power-up is the magnet, which lets you collect more coins.
- Late in the game, the mini goals become so difficult you end up having to buy your way past most of them.
- The game is extremely repetitive. The 2 minute trailer actually showcases nearly everything the game has to offer.
- You can just keep watching ads to get more money to buy goals. You don't even have to play the game to unlock everything.