Alto's Adventure is an action snowboarding game where you play a South American snow boarder who must capture llamas that have escaped from their pen at the top of a mountain. As you snowboard down the incline, you can perform tricks for speed boosts, collect coins to purchase items, and avoid hazards and the elder who is trying to punish you.
I've unlocked all of the snowboarders and reached level 51.
- The game looks gorgeous. Simple, yet effective art work, and the transition from night to day and rain to sun is perfect.
- The background music is simple and calming, and the sound effects are perfect for the game.
- Zen mode is a nice addition that lets you play endlessly and practice difficult tricks without fear of having to restart.
- The mini goals extend the length of the otherwise repetitive game.
- The main premise of the game (collecting escaped llamas) is, aside from a few of the mini goals, entirely pointless in the game.
- Most of the power-ups are not helpful. The horn increases llamas, which don't help you. The feather makes you less likely to hit rocks, but it also prevents you from touching ice, getting coins, or speeding up as much. The wing suit, though fun, doesn't offer any bonus, and is also hard to activate because of how many tricks you must do in rapid succession. The only useful power-up is the magnet, which lets you collect more coins.
- Late in the game, the mini goals become so difficult you end up having to buy your way past most of them.
- The game is extremely repetitive. The 2 minute trailer actually showcases nearly everything the game has to offer.
- altosadventure.com - Official page.