Black (video game)
Black is a casual puzzle video game developed and published by bontegames and released on 2018-09-27 for iOS, and later on a couple other platforms. The game consists of 50 levels where you have to black out the screen by manipulating the playing field. Part of each puzzle is learning out how the playing field can be manipulated before figuring out how to solve the puzzle. The game is very similar in style to the Hoshi's Saga games, and is the sequel to two earlier games with similar color names, Yellow and Red.
I found this game while searching for a new free game to play on my phone.
This is a free with ads game. I beat it on 2019-01-18, needing 2 hints.
Best Version: Android
— This section contains spoilers! —
- There were several interesting puzzles to solve.
- The game has a limited, but enjoyable soundtrack.
- Some of the puzzles are incredibly easy, and others are so abstract I couldn't understand how someone would figure them out without a hint.
- A lot of the puzzles are derivative of puzzles from the previous two games.
- The game is too short. You'll finish it in a few minutes.
- The on-screen help and back buttons get in the way on several puzzles.
- kongregate.com/games/bontegames/black - Play Online.
- play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.bartbonte.black - Google Play Store.