DOSBox is an MS-DOS emulator.
Installing From Multiple Floppies
DOSBox doesn't currently support mounting multiple disk images onto a single drive letter, so, to install a program that requires multiple floppies, do the following:
- Boot up DOSBox.
- Extract the contents of the first floppy into the folder you want. I'll use C:\Disk as an example.
- In DOSBox, type "MOUNT A C:\DISK" and hit enter.
- Then, type "A:" to get to the floppy.
- Run the installation program.
- When the installation program asks for the next disk, return to your desktop and delete the files in C:\DISK, then replace them with the files from the next disk.
- In DOSBox, press CTRL+F4 to reload the mounts.
- In the installation program, hit the button to read from the next disk. The program should identify the files as the correct disk.
- Repeat steps 6 through 9 until the installation completes.
Note, some installers have special checks to verify that they can only be installed from their actual disks. This method will not work to install these programs. You'll have to find another method or wait until the DOSBox IMGMOUNT program supports multiple floppy images.