Difference between revisions of "Final Fantasy IV"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''''Final Fantasy IV'''''
'''''Final Fantasy IV''''' Final Fantasy II in the USA, is the fourth Final Fantasy game by Square.
Revision as of 12:10, 8 November 2011
Final Fantasy IV (released as Final Fantasy II on the SNES in the USA), is the fourth Final Fantasy game by Square.
- I like the variety of different characters and classes. It allows you the ability to appreciate the subtleties of the combat engine.
- The battle complexity is not too simple or too hard to enjoy. You have many different attacks to choose from, and the monsters have many different abilities to take into account.
- The game is entertaining to the point where you want to keep playing and the story is compelling enough to want to see what is going to happen next.
- You only need to do a small amount of grinding in each section to be plenty powerful enough to stay alive through the game.
- Normally, dialog boxes are closed with the A button, but this game allows the D-pad to close dialog boxes. This caused me to miss numerous messages without any way to go back and read them.
- I was rather disappointed by the music in this game, it's really not up to par with the other works of Nobuo Uematsu. However, I think this is the very first SNES game for Uematsu, so he may not have had enough time to familiarize himself with the new audio architecture.
- The story is very linear meaning the game is the same every play through, and with only a few side-quests, you will see almost everything the game has to offer the first time you beat it.
- The story overdoes several elements. Porom and Palom, Sid, and Yang all martyr themselves, and are later found to be alive. Edward, Sid, and Yang all end up bedridden through the remainder of the game with no way to get them back until the very end.
- I would have liked to see more weapons and armor for the spell casters and ninjas. They're often stuck with old equipment for long stints while the fighters keep getting upgrades.
- Like most RPGs, the game suffers from having a wide variety of spells that are either too weak or completely useless. Piggy never works on enemies, Psych never stole more than 1 MP, Drain doesn't steal nearly enough HP to be useful, etc.
- Nothing. The game is really solid.