Difference between revisions of "Final Fantasy V"
(Created page with "'''''Final Fantasy V''''' is the fifth Final Fantasy game by Square. It was originally released on the Super Famicom in Japan, but not in the USA. The game was later released in ...")
Revision as of 16:57, 22 November 2011
Final Fantasy V is the fifth Final Fantasy game by Square. It was originally released on the Super Famicom in Japan, but not in the USA. The game was later released in the USA on later platforms.
- The job system is pretty cool. I like the idea of being able to progress with a class and permanently have access to that class's abilities.
- The graphics have really been improved since IV, especially the monster graphics which take advantage of a large palette.
- The game is every completionist's nightmare. Not only do you level up the players, but you also have to level up all of their classes. This wouldn't be that annoying if ability points were increased with harder enemies like experience points are, but the average battle only yields 1-2 ABP, which takes forever to reach those 999 levels.
- Many of the abilities you get are quite useless.
- The classes aren't evenly that balanced. A monk or ninja dominates over a berserker.
- Dialog boxes are a little better than the previous game, so you don't accidentally skip them with the D-pad, but you have to let off the D-Pad before you can hit any of the other buttons which is annoying to talk and walk at the same time.
- There is a bug with the NPCs hurrying out of the way when you push them, and they often hurry well after you've passed them, an if you both walk into the same square at the same time, you walk through each other.
- You can easily purchase all of the level 1-3 magic early in the game, but the next several towns you discover will keep selling the same weak magic to you.
- Nothing. The game is really solid.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_V - Wikipedia.
- http://www.mobygames.com/game/final-fantasy-v - Moby Games.
- http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588331-final-fantasy-v - GameFAQS.