Game Boy Color
Game Boy Color is a portable handheld video game console created by Nintendo and released in Japan, the USA, and Europe in 1998. In addition to being backward compatible with all original Game Boy games, it gave the developers of new games access to limited color.
I have never played a Game Boy Color in real life, but I have played several games using emulators.
I do not own, or have ever owned, a Game Boy Color.
Of the games I've played on the system, I have particularly enjoyed:
- The addition of color, though severely limited, was a step in the right direction.
- Being backward compatible with the entire Game Boy library was very nice.
- Having a built-in color palette index for original Game Boy games was a great way to add more life to older games.
- The multitude of color cases was a nice addition.
- As a platform, there just weren't that many good games released for it.
- The being released a full decade after the original Game Boy, the system didn't see much in the way of innovation.