Difference between revisions of "Half-Life 2"
(Created page with "thumb|right '''''Half-Life 2''''' is a first-person shooter adventure game for Windows, XBox, and Macintosh. It was relea...")
Revision as of 08:55, 15 September 2011
Half-Life 2 is a first-person shooter adventure game for Windows, XBox, and Macintosh. It was released on November 16, 2004 by Valve.
- The 3D engine was awfully impressive at the time featuring water reflection, fog, dynamic lighting, light blinding, cast shadows, focus changing, etc.
- The weapons feature a nice gradual increase in power that allows you to feel like you're becoming stronger as the game progresses.
- The Ravenholm chapter is deliciously terrifying. One of the scariest experiences I've ever had with a game.
- There are a lot of secret areas in the game which aides in the replay value.
- The NPCs continue to talk even if you're out of earshot which means you can often miss dialogue.
- There are a few points where the game gets dull and repetitious, like the highway section.
- Some of the puzzles are tedious, especially jumping puzzles.
- This game doesn't really have any serious faults.