Half-Life 2 is a first-person shooter adventure game for Windows, XBox, and Macintosh. It was released on November 16, 2004 by Valve.
- The 3D engine was awfully impressive at the time featuring water reflection, fog, dynamic lighting, light blinding, cast shadows, focus changing, etc.
- The weapons feature a nice gradual increase in power that allows you to feel like you're becoming stronger as the game progresses.
- The Ravenholm chapter is deliciously terrifying. One of the scariest experiences I've ever had with a game.
- There are a lot of secret areas in the game which aides in the replay value.
- The NPCs continue to talk even if you're out of earshot which means you can often miss dialogue.
- There are a few points where the game gets dull and repetitious, like the highway section.
- Some of the puzzles are tedious, especially jumping puzzles. Not touching the sand in the sand lions section was especially annoying.
- This game doesn't really have any serious faults.
Escape From City 17
This is a three-part movie about the aftermath after Gordon Freeman sets off the singularity in City 17, and all the rebels are trying to get out of the city with the Combine still after them. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 hasn't been released yet.