Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode One is an oddly-named sequel to Half-Life 2. The game is shorter, but was an attempt to make the series more episodic so that new additions could come out every few months. That didn't work as people have been waiting for episode three for many years now.
I own this game and have beaten in a couple times.
- Overall: 7/10
- Best Version: Windows
- The new Zombine enemy is a great addition and thoroughly terrifying at times.
- The Stalkers, and the train sequence are both really creepy.
- The large dark room with the elevator is also a pretty cool battle.
- The hospital area has some really nice freaky sequences.
- I like how the game fits seamlessly on the end of HL2.
- The developers kept with the tradition of making interesting puzzles that weren't too easy, or too difficult.
- Alyx Vance is a fun, attractive, and a bad-ass sidekick.
- I love that the developers added commentary.
- I find the crowbar to be a nuisance in this game. I'd much rather not pick it up from Barney and just use the gravity gun.
- I actually don't care much for DOG. While I find the idea fun and cute, the AI is far too advanced for what you'd expect from theoretical physicists.
- This game doesn't really have any serious faults.