Hello Saferide is a Swedish indie twee pop group that formed in 2005. The songs are primarily the work of Annika Norlin who writes, composes, and sings most of the songs, with the other members playing instruments. Most of their songs are self-deprecating, neurotic, and depressing with many unusual life stories. A few of the songs, like Lund, show character strength. Most of the songs are slow, emotional, and introspective.
I first discovered them on Blalock's Indie Rock Playlist, with the song 2008, which caused me to seek out more of their music and fall in love with it. I love nearly all of the songs off the first three albums, and find the composer's raw, yet melodic lyrics to be divine. I have yet to hear their most recent album.
- Would You Let Me Play This EP 10 Times a Day?
- Introducing... Hello Saferide
- More Modern Short Stories From Hello Saferide
- The Fox, The Hunter and Hello Saferide
- Get Sick Soon
- I Thought You Said Summer Is Going to Take the Pain Away
- X Telling Me About the Loss of Something Dear, At Age 16