- Customizable display.
- Tabbed documents.
- Opens files, entire drives, and programs in memory.
- Can view data as bytes, 16, 32, and 64 bit integers, big and little endian, various string formats, dates, times, and even several machine code formats.
- Supports files up to 8 EB, and uses partial loading.
- Find and replace in hex or text for multiple data types.
- Creates checksum and hashes using many different algorithms.
- Byte-by-byte file comparison.
- Statistical view for how common bytes are.
I found HxD in July of 2020 while looking for a free replacement for Frhed. After seeing all the additional features and really good search capabilities, I switched over to using it.