King's Quest (universe)
King's Quest began as a series of adventure games developed and published by Sierra On-Line and written by Roberta Williams. The series was one of the pioneers of the graphical adventure genre with the first King's Quest being released in 1984, although it has roots in the 1980 game, Wizard and the Princess. In addition to the main canon of games, various games related to the series have been made as well as books and other forms of media.
The first game I played in the series was King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella on my cousin's Tandy 1000 shortly after it was released (around 1989). Initially, I was awestruck by the beauty of the graphics and music, but, looking back on it, while the engine and media of the game are above average, the game itself is pretty bland. My cousin and I eventually beat it with some help from a veteran player before my uncle bought King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!. The newer 256-color engine really impressed me, and I still think this is the best King's Quest game from a visual stand point. My cousin and uncle beat the game, and showed me the ending. Many years later, I did a solo run and beat it myself. Later, my uncle got King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow. I personally haven't beaten VI, but my cousin and uncle did. After that, they bought the King's Quest Collection, which included the first six King's Quest games, I wanted to beat all of them, but I found myself getting stuck in all of the games I hadn't already beaten. Remembering how unfair they can get at times, I had little desire to finish the games, but, over the course of a couple years, I did eventually beat King's Quest and King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne. I still need to beat III, VI, and VII solo. I remember playing King's Quest: Mask of Eternity and being very disappointed with the new game design. I made it into the underworld before getting bored and giving up.
- King's Quest
- King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne
- King's Quest III: To Heir Is Human
- King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella
- King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder!
- King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
- King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride
- Wizard and the Princess
- King's Quest: Collection Series
- King's Quest I: Quest For the Crown (Remake)
- Crazy Nick's Picks: King Graham's Board Game Challenge
- Take a Break! Pinball
- King's Questions
- King's Quest: Mask of Eternity
- King's Quest: Chapter I - A Knight to Remember
- King's Quest: Chapter II - Rubble Without a Cause
- King's Quest: Chapter III - Once Upon a Climb
- King's Quest: Chapter IV - Snow Place Like Home
- King's Quest: Chapter V - The Good Knight
- The King's Quest Companion
- King's Quest: The Floating Castle
- King's Quest: Kingdom of Sorrow
- King's Quest: See No Weevil
- youtube.com/watch?v=d33oVbe8Uz0 - Pushing Up Roses - Memorable Moments (1/2).
- youtube.com/watch?v=5q6EskFxiKg - Pushing Up Roses - Memorable Moments (2/2).