King's Questions is a King's Quest-themed trivia game developed and published by Sierra On-Line in 1994 for MS-DOS and bundled with the King's Quest: Collector's Edition. The game is programmed in the Sierra Creative Interpreter 2.
The game is set after the events of King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow as Prince Alexander and Princess Cassima sail from the Land of the Green Isles back to Daventry. Multiple-choice trivia questions are posed along the trip, but, unbeknownst to you, the success of your answers affects the safety of the ship! Too many wrong answers and your ship will sink!
After my cousin bought the King's Quest: Collector's Edition, we found this trivia game bundled in with it. At the time, we had not played games 1-3, but we were very familiar with games 4-6, so always beat the game, just not in the best shape at the end. After playing a lot of the other King's Quest titles, my knowledge improved, and, by playing the trivia several times more, I was finally able to beat game without getting a single question wrong. I think I got a perfect run not too long after playing the game, in 1994.
I don't own this game, but I have beaten it.
Best Version: DOS
— This section contains spoilers! —
- Thanks to the wealth of games available, the questions cover a lot of different topics.
- As is typical for Sierra, the graphics are pretty good, even for a mini game.
- With only 42 total questions, you'll probably see repeats during your second play-through.
- Some of the questions have such ridiculous multiple-choice answers that even someone unfamiliar with the game could get them right.
|Quality Assurance||Judy Crites|
|Additional Questions||Josh Mandel|
- kingsquest.fandom.com/wiki/King%27s_Questions - Fan site.