Metroid (Magazine Z)
I don't own this comic, but I have read the first volume.
- A lot of the drawings in the comic are really nice, especially the action sequences.
- The story is pretty juvenile and trope-heavy.
- I don't care much for the character design of Samus as an adult.
- How is it a group of pirates are often more powerful than the entire Federation's military? I get that they have Mother Brain to guide them, but they were practically annihilated, and then, after only a decade or so, they become powerful enough to take on a multi-planet federation.
- A lot of characters are new: the Chozo, Samus's side-kicks, etc. However, since they don't appear in any of the games, and only play minor roles in the comic, it's hard to care about them.
- There are a lot of action panels which are either so close up or so abstract that I can't tell what's going on.
- Chibi style are shouldn't be part of an comic with adult themes, it just ruins the feel of the comic.
- Nothing, but I didn't find the comic very interesting.