Microsoft Entertainment Pack 3
Microsoft Entertainment Pack 3 is a package of multiple entertainment programs including seven games and a screensaver developed and published by Microsoft for Windows 3 in 1991. This is the third title in the series. The various games were made by a variety of developers and included the following:
|Fuji Golf||Golf game||Chiki Nagai|
|IdleWild (8 new screensavers)||Screen saver||Bradford Christian|
|Klotski||Sliding block puzzle||ZH Computer|
|LifeGenesis||Conway's Game of Life||Jim Horne|
|SkiFree||Action game||Chris Pirih|
|TetraVex||Tile placement game||Scott Ferguson|
|TriPeaks||Tri Peaks solitaire||A RHogue Child|
|WordZap||Word game||Michael F. C. Crick|
I never owned Entertainment Pack 3, and I don't think I even even knew anyone who had it at the time, but I've since played most of the games in the pack. I have beat TriPeaks, LifeGenesis on all difficulties, and TetraVex up to 5x5.
I do not own this title.
Best Version: Windows 3
— This section contains spoilers! —
- There is a fairly decent assortment of games. A card game, two sports games, a word game, and some puzzle games.
- Even though it was rare at the time, some of the programs take into account display sizes beyond 640x480 resolution.
- None of the games have much depth.
- The programs are lacking media being mostly devoid of music, sound effects, and animation.
- Although several of the games could have easily benefited from multiplayer, they're mostly single player games.