Browser - Screenshot - Title.
Ouka is a passive puzzle video game developed and published by Nekogames as a browser game in 2011. It is the first game in the Flower series and similar to the Hoshi Saga series, but with flowers instead of a stars. The game was programmed in Flash.
The game consists of 16 levels. In each level, you're trying to click on a flower, but the flower grows ever more elusive as you progress.
|No. This game was never sold.
|Yes. No hints.
After playing several other games on the Nekogames web site, I found and played this one. I beat it on my first attempt without any hints.
Best Version: Browser
— This section contains spoilers! —
- The graphic design and particle effects are nicely polished.
- The sound effects give it a nice ethereal quality.
- Each level has a unique puzzle to it.
- The hints offer interesting visuals as well which don't completely solve the puzzle, but make them much easier.
- I would have liked some atmospheric music playing in the background.
- Several levels can be beaten simply by right-clicking on the game to bring up the Flash context menu, which lets you move the mouse without the game registering the movement, then moving the cursor over the flower and clicking on it. Despite discovering this cheat, I still did figure out each level's puzzle properly.
- The game is too short, it only took me about 10 minutes to finish. I would have preferred at least another dozen or so puzzles.
| Cherry Blossom