Peter Rabbit (film)
Being a big fan of the Peter Rabbit books, I was pleased to see a film being made. I didn't watch it in theaters, but I saw it on Netflix. I was disappointed.
— This section contains spoilers! —
- The movie has good voice acting.
- There is a lot of action throughout the whole film.
- I like how various illustrations by Potter are used throughout the film, and even copied in some of the action shots.
- I enjoyed the inclusion of so many of Potter's characters.
- The film takes huge liberties with the source material. The rabbit's mother is dead, Mr. McGregor dies, Beatrix is a character in the story, etc.
- A lot of the point of Potter's stories was that mischief and disobedience has bad results, but the film mostly rewards the rabbits' bad behavior.
- In the books, Peter and his family are children, but in the movie, they're more like teenagers. Likewise, the books are targeted for children around 4-8, but the movie seems to target older kids like 8-10.
- Although there was nothing horribly wrong with the film, I just didn't care much for it.