Physiology: All You Need to Know About How Your Body Works
I bought this book on a clearance shelf. The heavy use of illustrations and diagrams convinced me to buy it.
I own a 2009 reprint paperback.
- An amateur-level description of scores of the body's organs and systems are describe.
- The book is full color and fully illustrated with hundreds of diagrams and photos.
- The book uses a magazine style layout which allows you to easily flip to any page and read about any topic without any prerequisite knowledge.
- The book only skims the surface of each organ and system it discusses. The information is educational, but Only offers high school level descriptions.
- Though the diagrams are on point, a lot of the photos are just stock photos; they're related to the topic, but they don't convey any useful information.
- I spotted the rare spelling error.
- It's minor, but the cover is terrible.