A religion is a supernatural and cultural belief system.
I grew up in a secular home, but I attended an Assemblies of God church weekly with my aunt and uncle from around age 10 to 19. Although I am now an atheist and have a rather negative view of all religions, I still find religions interesting and try to learn about them, but mostly in order to help de-convert people.
The following are essays I have written which pertain to multiple religions.
- Aren't you afraid of hell?
- Can a god create a rock so heavy he can't lift it?
- God at the end of the rainbow
- In God we trust
- Is atheism a religion?
- List of biblical words with uncertain meanings
- Misinformation religious people tell their children
- Pascal's wager
- Post hoc beliefs
- The problem of evil
- Would you murder your child?
- What is a religion?
- Why is there something instead of nothing?