Rocket Santa is an incremental action game developed and published by Berzerk Studio as a browser game on 2011-12-22 and then ported to Android and iOS. It was programmed in Flash in a 24-hour span. A sequel called Rocket Santa 2 was also released.
In the game, space marines are fighting off an alien invasion on the Moon, but, it's Christmas and Santa wants to get presents to them to increase morale. His reindeer can't fly to space, so, he dons a jetpack and is fired into the atmosphere. You guide him in order to collect space bucks to upgrade his gear and rocket fuel to increase his distance.
After loving Hero Arms, I searched for other games made by Berzerk Studio. However, it was late at night when I was looking, and I didn't want to commit to a long game. When I saw this, I assumed it wouldn't take long to finish, and I was right. I beat it after only a few minutes on 2022-10-21.
Best Version: Browser
— This section contains spoilers! —
- The story is obnoxiously silly.
- The upgraded gear Santa wears looks hilarious.
- The epic music while flying fits the theme.
- The game was made in 24 hours, and it shows.
- It's hard to react in time to the coins and boosters while also trying to maintain a decent speed.
- Like most incremental games, it's horribly repetitive, and very few new things happen as you upgrade.
- While playing the game I had the music and sound cut out several times. I had close the game and restart it to get it back.
- With Flash being discontinued, it must be run in a virtual environment, but the publisher doesn't have it working yet.
- Similarly, the Android port crashed at the loading screen.
|Bechdel test?||Fail||There are no female characters.|
|Strong female character?||Fail||There are no female characters.|
|Strong non-white character?||Fail||The sole character is white.|
|Queer character?||Fail||There are no queer characters.|