Microsoft's Solitaire is a video game version of the card game Klondike Solitaire. The game has been included with every version of Windows since version 3.0 in 1990. Each new major update of the OS has also included an update of their Solitaire game.
I first played Microsoft's Solitaire in 1991 on my family's first computer, a 386 SX Packard Bell with Windows 3.0.
I own most versions of Windows, and likewise, own most versions of Solitaire. I have beaten standard play many times, and have even beaten Vegas mode.
- Overall: 3/10
- Best Version: Windows 7
- Every version of the game has offered a lot of options to make the rules less strict, like only drawing one card, undoing the previous move, and so forth.
- The ability to change the card back is cool, although, the early versions of the game had terrible card art.
- The early versions of the game were pretty ugly looking using a default 16-color EGA palette and no sound or music.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Solitaire - Wikipedia.
- mobygames.com/game-group/microsoft-windows-operating-systems - MobyGames (Windows OSs).