Difference between revisions of "Super Mario World"
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 11:09, 19 May 2017
Super Mario World is an action adventure platformer by Nintendo and the first Mario game to be released for the SNES. I first played it on my friend's SNES before immediately becoming enamored and wanting my own SNES.
I own this game and have completed all 96 exits in the game.
- The sprites are wonderfully detailed and cute, the backgrounds are beautiful and unobtrusive, and the music is fantastic.
- The game-play is perfect. Great character control and camera panning.
- There is a wide variety of monsters and hazards, each fitting to its environment.
- The addition of the hidden Star Road, allows players to choose to beat the game quickly, but those who wish to play each stage can still do so.
- Multiple exits for each level was a great idea and added a lot of play time.
- Yoshi is a wonderful side kick, and adding colored Yoshis with intrinsic abilities was a great idea too.
- Koji Kondo composed another amazing soundtrack for this game.
- The game has a great ending.
- The engine has a few minor bugs that rarely manifest.
- Some of the optional levels are frustratingly tough.
- I don't get why the spin jump prevents Mario from being damaged by spinies and chainsaws.