Super Mario World
I first saw this game at a fellow Nintendo gamers house. He showed me the ending, which I was surprised he had already reached so soon after getting his SNES. I was immediately enamored with it and wanted my own SNES, which I got that following Christmas. After that, I began playing the game like crazy, and, fueled with the Nintendo Player's Guide, I was able to not only beat the game, but eventually finish every single exit point. I find this game to be not only one of best Super Mario Bros. games, but one of the very best video games in general.
I own this game and have completed all 96 exits in the game.
- Overall: 10/10
- Best Version: SNES
- The sprites are wonderfully detailed and cute, the backgrounds are beautiful and unobtrusive, and the music is fantastic.
- The game-play is perfect. Great character control and camera panning.
- Koji Kondo composed another amazing soundtrack for this game.
- There is a wide variety of monsters and hazards, each fitting to its environment.
- I like how the overworld map not only reveals multiple paths as you beat various levels, but also animates the process.
- The addition of the hidden Star Road, allows players to choose to beat the game quickly, but those who wish to play each stage can still do so, just like the warping method from the earlier games.
- Having multiple exits for each level was a great idea and added a lot of play time. And making the level circle change color and size to reflect the level was also a good idea.
- Yoshi is a wonderful side kick, and adding colored Yoshis with intrinsic abilities was a great idea too.
- The game has a very nice ending.
- Some of the optional levels are frustratingly tough.
- The engine has a few minor bugs, but they rarely manifest.
- I don't get why the spin jump prevents Mario from being damaged by spinies and chainsaws.
- Super Mario World - SNES - Manual.pdf
- youtube.com/watch?v=AiHD5KHzHeE - Son of a Glitch - Orb glitch.
- youtube.com/watch?v=1Ep6VxmmuHM - Son of a Glitch - cloud glitch.
- youtube.com/watch?v=USBboeK7oDA - World record speed run progression.
- youtube.com/watch?v=l0XtXB0fEaA - Longplay, all exits.
- youtube.com/watch?v=ur6QVxbsfew - No coins.
|English||Super Mario World|
|Japanese||スーパーマリオワールド||Supa Mario Warudo||Super Mario World|