Super Mario World
I first saw this game at a friend's house who had already beaten the game shorty after getting his SNES. I was immediately enamored with it and wanted my own SNES, which I got that following Christmas.
I own this game and have completed all 96 exits in the game.
- Overall: 9/10
- Best Version: SNES
- The sprites are wonderfully detailed and cute, the backgrounds are beautiful and unobtrusive, and the music is fantastic.
- The game-play is perfect. Great character control and camera panning.
- There is a wide variety of monsters and hazards, each fitting to its environment.
- The addition of the hidden Star Road, allows players to choose to beat the game quickly, but those who wish to play each stage can still do so.
- Multiple exits for each level was a great idea and added a lot of play time.
- Yoshi is a wonderful side kick, and adding colored Yoshis with intrinsic abilities was a great idea too.
- Koji Kondo composed another amazing soundtrack for this game.
- The game has a great ending.
- The engine has a few minor bugs that rarely manifest.
- Some of the optional levels are frustratingly tough.
- I don't get why the spin jump prevents Mario from being damaged by spinies and chainsaws.
- Super Mario World - SNES - Manual.pdf