Difference between revisions of "The Binding of Isaac"
(Created page with "'''''The Binding of Isaac''''' is an action game built in the style of the dungeons of The Legend of Zelda. The dungeon is randomly made and there are many different power...")
Revision as of 11:50, 20 December 2013
The Binding of Isaac is an action game built in the style of the dungeons of The Legend of Zelda. The dungeon is randomly made and there are many different power-ups, items, and weapons to collect. The story begins with Isaac's ultra-religious mother hearing voices from God telling her to murder her son. Isaac must delve deep into the basement to find and kill his mother before she kills him.
- The game has a vast array of items to collect.
- There is wide variety in the enemies as well.
- The theme, while macabre and gross, is very well conducted.
- While the game isn't too easy, which is good, it's a bit too hard. It took me around 30 tries before I could finally beat the game, and not because my abilities increased that much, but because I got lucky with the items I found.
- In the later levels a lot of chests and bonuses are surrounded by pits, but items that allow you to move over pits are few and far between.
- Initially I liked the idea of the pills randomly having different effects each game, but being crippled makes it hardly worth it.
- The game offers no explanation for any of the items you collect forcing you to have to manually keep track of the function of every item. This is especially frustrating when you have to choose between an item you're familiar with, and that may be much worse.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Binding_of_Isaac_%28video_game%29 - Wikipedia.
- mobygames.com/game/windows/binding-of-isaac - Moby Games.
- gamefaqs.com/pc/636662-the-binding-of-isaac - GameFAQS.