The Catcher In the Rye
The Catcher In the Rye is a novel by J. D. Salinger, published in 1951.
- Holden Caulfield is a whiny little bitch through the whole book.
- Holden is always complaining about phonies, but he's the biggest phony in the book, always lying and pretending.
- Holden is also a privileged ass. His family gives him a lot of money which he squanders on women that he hates, and he's constantly mocking poor people.
- I was really annoyed at how the author kept repeating statements like, "I didn't care, I really didn't," and, "she was pretty, she really was." I get that he's trying to write like a teen would talk, but it's annoying. It really is.
- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Catcher_in_the_Rye - Wikipedia.