The Coluor of Magic is a comedic novel by Terry Pratchett and the first book in the Discworld series.
- Overall, the book is really funny. There are a lot of small jokes, ironic jokes, plays on tropes, etc.
- Basing the world on real-life myths is a staple of fiction, but using the most ridiculous myths, like that the earth is supported by four giant elephants riding a huge turtle, is hilarious!
- The way Pratchett melds science and magic is pretty cool.
- The description of the Temple of Bel-Shamharoth, talking about all objects based around nine minus one and the square root of 64 was funny.
- Death is a wonderful character.