Difference between revisions of "The Goats"
(Created page with "thumb '''''The Goats''''' is a young-adult novel by Brock Cole. The story details two kids who are the victims of a cruel prank at summer camp, an...")
Revision as of 09:57, 25 June 2015
The Goats is a young-adult novel by Brock Cole. The story details two kids who are the victims of a cruel prank at summer camp, and their subsequent difficulties as they run away from the camp and try to survive on their own without any money or even clothes. The book was made into a movie titled Standing Up, which I have yet to see.
- Howie and Laura are both very believable characters that, in my childhood, I could easily relate to.
- I continually felt both interested, worried, and excited through the whole book.
- I love that the book doesn't pull any punches on coming-of-age issues like pubic hair, menstruation, and the like.
- The occasional forays into the camp councilors and Laura's mom, keep the book exciting.
- Near the end, I really felt afraid for Howie and Laura, especially with the encounter with the police officer, and the final running away dilemma.
- I know that the story takes place from Howie's perspective, but I wish a little more insight was given as to what was going on in Laura's head.
- goodreads.com/book/show/526729.The_Goats - Good Reads