Difference between revisions of "The Secret of Monkey Island"
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
Revision as of 20:04, 3 June 2019
I first saw this game at a friend's house. He had the LucasArts adventure box set (EGA version) and showed me saved game locations from various games, including the ending of Monkey Island. I never got a chance to play it then, but the game looked pretty cool. Hearing more and more about the series over the years, I finally decided to play it around 2015 and beat it with only needing a couple hints.
I do not own the game, but I have beaten it, though I required occasional hints.
- Overall: 5/10
- Best Version: DOS VGA remake?
— This section contains spoilers! —
- The script is pretty hilarious, lots of funny dialog options.
- The graphics are quite beautiful, even in the EGA version.
- You're unable to choose a lot of the dialog options because the game cuts-short many conversations. The only way to read these options is to keep reloading the game, which is a pain in the ass.
- Like many adventure games, some of the puzzles are particularly difficult to solve and don't make much sense. I can attribute this to trying to pad the length of the game, trying to sell hint books, or laziness from the developers. Either case is annoying.
- Several parts of the game are just too silly and ruin the experience (but only temporarily).
- Nothing really, this game is pretty solid.
- youtube.com/watch?v=QgRIXntFhww - Longplay, VGA.
- youtube.com/watch?v=FpIUxjGfkXg - Longplay, special edition.
This is the LucasFilm Games Passport to Adventure game sampler. It contains an MS-DOS demo version of The Secret of Monkey Island, Loom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure.
|English||The Secret of Monkey Island|
|Japanese||モンキー・アイランド ユーレイ海賊大騒動！||Monki Airando: Yurei Kaizoku Osodo!||Monkey Island: Ghost Pirate Turmoil!|