Totem Destroyer II
Totem Destroyer II is a physics puzzle video game developed by Gabs.tv, published by Newgrounds, and released as a browser game on 2009-02-05. The game is the sequel to Totem Destroyer and it too was programmed in Flash.
In the game, golden idols are stacked atop piles of teetering blocks. You must destroy a set number of blocks without allowing the idol to fall to the ground and break. The game introduces new explosive and floating blocks as well as different totem shapes.
I didn't learn about this game until long after I had finished the original. Expecting it to be a nice casual game, I played it on a Sunday evening and beat it on 2022-10-32. I finished the main story, the locked levels, and the Newgrounds levels.
This game is free online. I have beaten it.
Best Version: Browser
— This section contains spoilers! —
- The new graphics for the blocks look better.
- The game adds a built-in level editor, though I found it difficult to use.
- There are some achievements for added challenges.
- The game includes all the levels of the original title, which makes it a nice one-stop game.
- It felt like too many of the levels depended on explosive blocks. I don't think the floating and combo blocks weren't fully explored.
- The art for the environment doesn't look as nice as the original, and I found the birds to be more distracting than attractive.
- While I liked the unlockable levels, I don't see why these couldn't have just been part of the main game.
|Strong female character?||Fail||There are no characters.|
|Bechdel test?||Fail||There are no characters.|
|Strong person of color character?||Fail||There are no characters.|
|Queer character?||Fail||There are no characters.|