Typography is book about typography written by Gavin Ambrose and Paul Harris and published on 2005-07-04. It is the third volume in the Basics Design series and acts as a primer on the history, terminology, and design of typefaces. It is setup more like a magazine than a book.
I own this book and have read it.
- The book features numerous examples of typefaces used by design companies and explains the benefits of each design.
- All of the basics (and several not-so-basic) aspects of typeface are explained.
- A surprisingly small number of typefaces are covered.
- I didn't like how the authors routinely said that certain designs convey a particular meaning to the viewer. Granted, certain colors and styles fit with cultural norms, but they presented them as universal truths.
- goodreads.com/book/show/1833240.Typography - GoodReads.