Difference between revisions of "Undertale"
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
Revision as of 10:29, 27 December 2019
Undertale is a 2-D role-playing game developed and published by Toby Fox for Macintosh and Windows on 2015-09-15. The game was made in GameMaker Studio. Rather than traditional RPG combat sequences, the game uses bullet-hell sequences . It has a very cute, though often dark, story line. It reminds me a lot of Earthbound, only more interesting.
I own this game and have beaten the average ending and the true pacifist ending.
Best Version: Windows
— This section contains spoilers! —
- The writing is really good. It really makes you feel the feels.
- The game is technically attractive with a mock 8-bit feel. Both the graphics and sound feel 8-bit or 16-bit, but various tells make it obvious that it's 32-bit.
- A lot of nice small touches were put into the game so you're often rewarded for taking a different approach to the game.
- Most of the game's characters are charming without becoming annoying.
- I actually felt bad that I killed Toriel, and tried calling her on the cell afterward, and was saddened that she didn't answer. That I could feel that way after only a few minutes of game play is pretty impressive!
- The various mini-games used for combat are really cool.
- A lot of the monsters are clever puns.
- The idea of making the "hero" out to be the bad guy in the game is quite clever, even more so, the more evil you become, the harder the game gets.
- The various bosses are really impressive.
- The game remembers your previous play-through choices when you replay it and includes them in the dialog, which is really clever. So, even though the main story is short, there is still a lot to do.
- Toby Fox's music is phenomenal.
- Some of the sections in the game are quite dull. You often walk down plain corridors consisting of nothing but flat colors. I'm assuming this was added for ambiance, but it just slows down the game.
- Sometimes, the next step of the game isn't obvious, and you wander around for awhile, which is dull.
- youtube.com/watch?v=sudui4UuC2o - PushingUpRoses review.
- youtube.com/watch?v=NDZdINrklyI - Honest Trailers.
- youtube.com/watch?v=6PF7YelGcyM - Undertale Facts.
- youtube.com/watch?v=88e6BBE61MU - Longplay, true pacifist.
- youtube.com/watch?v=tQpoxn6Tr10 - Longplay, genocide.